Add：Xinweng Industrial Park, Shajiabang Town, Changshu, Jiangsu
How to make molds for FRP products
Production of FRP mold
1. Main mold making: There are many materials for making the main mold. Generally, the material of the main mold is easy to form, easy to rest, and has good stability. Such as wood, plaster, wax, etc. We usually use wood. Wood masters are made by woodworkers based on product drawings or mold drawings.
2. Main mold trimming: The main mold of FRP mold must be repaired before it can be used to reproduce the production mold. Trimming includes putty, shaping, size correction, and reinforcement. This process is mainly to do basic processing on the surface and overall of the wood mold to ensure that the wood mold is consistent with the drawings in size and form.
3, the main mold surface treatment: this process has a spray gel coat, gel coat curing, grinding, polishing, waxing off the mold and so on. The gel coat is sprayed on the main mold processed in the previous process, and then the gel coat is cured. After the gel coat is cured, the rubber coat is sanded. Generally, from the tens of coarse sandpaper to the fine sandpaper of about one thousand. After the sandpaper is finished, the mold is polished and finally the release product is applied. Until then, the production of the master model is over. The main mold can be used to make the production mold.
Many materials and tools are used in this process. Wood and the corresponding woodworking equipment are required. In addition: putty (also known as putty), sandpaper, from dozens of coarse sandpaper to more than a thousand fine sandpaper, gel coat (usually using product gel coat), mold cleaner, sealer, Polishing paste, mold release wax, etc.
In addition, some small tools such as sanders, polishing wheels, gel coat guns, air pumps (or other air sources) are used.
Reproduction of the production mold: After the main mold has been released from the mold release wax, the production mold can be turned over. The production mold reversal process is as follows:
(1) Spray mold gel coat: Since the production of the mold is started, it is necessary to use a mold gel coat with better performance to ensure the final effect of the mold. And the spray is required to reach a certain thickness.
(2) Mold layup: After the mold gel coat is initially solidified, the layering can begin. The lamination process should not be too fast, usually 2-3 layers of fiberglass cloth or fiberglass felt. A certain amount of mold resin is used for the layup. The performance of this resin is superior to that of ordinary resins. During the lamination process, the worker should be equipped with glue, that is, a promoter and a curing agent should be added to the resin, then the glue should be applied with a glued tool, and a layer of glass fiber fabric should be coated with a layer of glue. At the same time, the fabric should be leveled with an iron roller. Take the bubbles and make the glue even. After the specified thickness is reached, the layup ends. Under normal circumstances, the thickness of the mold should be 3-5 times the thickness of the product. Therefore, the time for laying is generally longer, and it can last for 6-7 days.
(3) Mold curing and reinforcement: FRP mold can be cured naturally or warmed, but it is generally best to have a natural curing period. After the natural curing period, the mold should be reinforced so that the mold is not damaged during the production process.
(4) Surface treatment of the production mold: After the production mold is cured to the required time, it can be started from the main mold. The mold release method can be manual lifting of the worker or high pressure gas. The production mold after the mold is also required to be surface treated, including sanding paper, polishing, drawing process lines, and demoulding products. Once the release product is laid, it can be used to produce the product.
The materials used in this stage are: mold gel coat, mold resin, ordinary resin; curing agent, accelerator; glass fiber surface felt, glass fiber felt, fiberglass cloth; fine sandpaper, mold cleaner, sealing agent, polishing Paste, release products (release wax, semi-permanent release agent, etc.).
The tools used are in addition to the mold processing tools, plus the tools for laminating: such as rubber rollers, rubber brushes, iron rollers, etc.
The production of the mold is a fine and long process, generally a production period of a FRP mold is close to one month before and after the production cycle.